Monday 18 May 2009

Clincheck

Oh the excitement of the clincheck!

3 weeks after I had my initial consultation and impressions done/photos taken my clincheck was ready. Sent a sneaky e-mail to my ortho end of last week just checking it was ready and found out he had already done some tweaking with Invisalign to improve the process and movement.

This appointment lasted about 20 minutes and was more of a progress update. My uppers will take about 7 and a half month and the lowers about 5 months based on changing the trays every 10 days (and wearing them for 23hrs a day) plus probably another 2 months at the end for the refinement process.

I have 4 attachments on the top and none (yay!) on the bottom, although my ortho said he only puts them on if he feels its necessary and even then its about half way through the treatment plan.

My uppers and lowers:



Check out how much wider my arches get?!

Whitening is included in my package so my ortho is keen to start that straight away, its nice to know my teeth will be improving in colour before they even start seriously moving! Have always thought my eye teeth (big pointy fang teeth) look far dingier then the others and there is only so much whitening toothpaste can do.... Still, I don't smoke and I don't drink tea or red wine so they probably could be worse...

Had a quick chat about retainers, they will either be Invisalign retainers or he can glue my teeth together. Quiet extreme but can work very well!

My next appointment is in another 3 weeks when I meet my aligners :-)

4 comments:

  1. Lauren - it will be worth it in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just moved to NYC and found this great orthodontist that specializes in invisalign treatments. Go to:
    www.ueso.org/invisalign

    ReplyDelete
  3. we all want to have a beautiful smile..when we achieve it we will have the smile we've always dreamed of and we would have the confidence to show it off..

    invisalign wexford

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. This was great to see the improvements before you start wearing the trays of your Invisalign treatment. Have a great day rest of your day.
    Dentist Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete