Monday 8 June 2009

1st set

I got my aligners today! I have to admit they are feeling rather tight. I am very impressed with how invisible they actually are! Silly I know but they really are almost invisible!


Above: my teeth with the first set of trays in

Although its not painful I can feel pressure on certain teeth and my bite feels strange. Its that horrible ache that you just wish would go away but isn't really enough to moan about. I was warned by my ortho about this!

At my appointment I was shown my aligners and he popped them in so I could have a quick feel of them. Back out they came so he could do a little prep to my teeth (cleaning, polish and a little IPR/filing between my teeth to make more room). Was shown how to put them in and take them out, how to use the chewies and aligner removal tool and an overview of the tooth whitening kit. I came away very informed and happy about what I have been given and what to do. I was given my entire set of aligners (23 uppers and 16 lowers) and I am changing every 10 days.

I was given lots of goodies too!
  • Drawstring bag with my aligners in their box
  • At home teeth whitening kit (enough for a few applications but I can request more)
  • Chewie
  • Aligner removal tool
  • Invisalign starter kit with 2 aligner cases
  • Various leaflets
  • Mini toothpaste
  • Tiny travel toothbrush and toothpaste kit
  • Little bag to carry the case and bits around in
  • Denture cleaning tablets

So far I have added a nail file to my bag for the rough edges and dental floss on a stick. I also placed on order online for a clear aligner cleaning set including a sonic cleaner with retainer brite, mirror, chewie, tool, fresh and go toothbrush/paste, interdental brushes, little mouthwash and another case all for £16. I plan on having a kit at home, work and for my handbag.

My ortho is happy for my to drink non-sugary drinks with them in including hot drinks as long as they are not boiling hot.

My next appointment is in 8 weeks (beginning of August) and a few days before I see my regular dentist. Be interesting to see what my regular dentist has to say about my treatment, as he has never commented on how my teeth have moved in the 6 years since I finished my NHS treatment.

As I have all my aligners I will post progress photos although I have already been comparing my first set to my last uppers set! Looking at my clincheck the majority of the movement is in the first 10 aligners with the next getting them in the right position.

11 comments:

  1. They're pretty incredible and you certainly don't see them much. Hope you don't feel too uncomfortable with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay - sounds like you're well prepared and that your ortho helped to start things off with a great package!

    best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice.. i like the fact that you were given all your aligners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. invis exp - I had another rummage last night through the bags to see how they change! Had a look at my next ones and my last ones. Good luck with your treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say I'm incredibly jealous of you. You got all those invisalign goodies, and all I got was the cases and a booklet. Also I didn't get all of my aligners either. I have no idea what my final aligner looks look, but I hope it looks good. I believe I also have similar teeth to you. My bottom is a little crowded, but I don't have one pushed back tooth I have two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you! I wish I'd been given the link for my clincheck, and your ortho sounds like s/he gave you a great package. I'm also jealous that you got all of your aligners at once. I just got my first set today. My dentist wants me to wear them for 2 weeks, then she'll put on my attachment (I only have to have one) and give me my next three sets. I think I'll still have to wear this first set another two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I just moved to NYC and found a great Orthodontist that is exceptional at invisalign treatments. Go to:
    www.ueso.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren can you please provide me your contact details. We would like to discuss your blog.
    My email address is rav@bighitmedia.co.uk

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I nice post and lots of infromation about the provided treatment thanks
    emergency dentist london

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep it up, keep working like this. I am very impressed with your article writing. Such an informative article. Invisalign Process

    ReplyDelete
  11. There was a time when traditional old brackets and wires were used to straighten teeth. However, modern-day dentistry has improved and brought impressive treatment techniques. invisalignis an effective solution for straightening your teeth without the use of any metal or wires.

    ReplyDelete